There are a number of fine dining options in Fargo-Moorhead. That number is seven, and they are as follows:
- HoDo Restaurant (not to be confused with Ho Ho’s, which are also good)
- Sarello’s The Lost Italian
- The cleverly hidden Mezzaluna
- Toscana – the only place in Fargo or Moorhead where you can order up some legs-o-frog
- Monte’s Downtown – the only place in Fargo or Moorhead where you can drink your parsnips
- Maxwells – the only place in Fargo or Moorhead you can get Amish chicken
- John Alexander’s Restaurant and Martini Bar – website coming soon
But if you are looking for a place to take a VIP visitor, none* of these places are open on a Sunday evening.
That is why I would always pick the even more cleverly hidden fine dining establishment that serves up the freshest faux food experience (WHY green pineapple WHY?).
Best Makers. They make the best. makers.
After reviewing the menu, I ordered a smattering of savory samples, including but not limited to: chicken soup, a carton of eggs, Swiss cheese, a whole chicken, and “hot coffee” (you know it’s hot when you can see the steam coming right off the menu).
My server had to do some digging to find some of the ingredients. That pesky green pineapple had rolled under the sink/stove. But it wiped off right clean!
The next time you are visiting Fargo-Moorhead, possibly in search of the perfect job, marathon, or street fair, skip the rest and come to the best: BEST MAKERS (a registered subsidiary of Daddy’s Famous Bread, Inc.)
* Three, if you count Sickies Garage